There may be times when a trainee or someone with a non-training portfolio doesn't request a Work-place Based Assessment (WPBA) from you on Portfolio Online. You can still submit a WPBA without an assessment request from that person.
- Go to Portfolio Online and in the search box, enter the name or GMC Number of the person you want to assess.
- Click on Search, locate the person you wish to assess and then click +New Assessment on their portfolio card.
- Select the standard you are assessing them against and the type of assessment.
- Click on Create Assessment and state whether or not you are a new user or you already have an account on Portfolio Online.
- If you already have an account on Portfolio Online, log in with your account details
- If You are a new user, complete the registration details and click on Continue.
- Complete the WPBA and click on Submit, or Save as draft.
Trainees will also need to 'submit' WPBAs completed in this way for the WPBA to be added to their portfolio as an activity.
Please note that Mini-PAT assessments cannot be completed in this way. For more information on the mini-PAT, read the article Undertaking a mini-PAT.