Once deanery administrators schedule an ARCP for a trainee, read access to the trainee's portfolio is automatically granted to all ARCP reviewers registered to the trainee's school two weeks before the ARCP review date and is revoked the day after the review. This gives reviewers the opportunity to review a trainee's portfolio in advance of the trainee's ARCP date.
To review a trainee's portfolio for ARCP log into your account on Portfolio Online & find the portfolio of the trainee undergoing ARCP. You can do this using the search box.
Or, if the ARCP you are reviewing is today, you can find a link to the trainee's portfolio (and their ARCP Outcome Form) on your main dashboard.
Links to all ARCPs for your school or organisation scheduled in the next two weeks can be found the 'Organisations' page of your PortfolioOnline account.
Once you've found a trainee's portfolio, you might want to have a look at their previous ARCP Outcome Form if they have one. This can be found of the trainee's Portfolio page in the Portfolio Overview section.
The Portfolio page also shows an overview of where a trainee is at in specialty training and contains links to other useful pages.
From this trainee's portfolio page we can see that the trainee started their portfolio on 01 Aug 2018, is in CT3, has 66 activities stored in their current CT3 folder and that 43 of the required competencies in the Core Psychiatry Curriculum (2016) have activities mapped to them.
Information about Programme Coverage can be gained from the colour-coded Programme Coverage bar: 37 competencies in the core curriculum have 3+ activities mapped to them. 4 competencies have 2 activities mapped to them and 2 competencies have 1 mapped to them. Competencies that don't have any activities mapped to them would be orange.
If ARCP reviewers want to find out more about curriculum mappings, they can click on the link to the trainee's curriculum coverage page.
The curriculum coverage page shows the competencies in the curriculum as a list along with any associated mapped activities.
In this example, we can see that ILO 2a has 3 activities mapped and ILO 2b has 5 activities mapped. ARCP reviewers can click on the links to the individual activities to find out more about each activity. The vertical bars indicate how many other competencies an activity has been mapped to.
In this example, we can we can see that this CT2 Mini-ACE has been mapped to 5 other competencies.
A link to the trainee's next ARCP can also be found in the Portfolio Overview section of the trainee's Portfolio page.
Clicking on this link allows you to see more information about the trainee's current ARCP review period such as which training level folders the ARCP review period covers.
Or how the activities in their portfolio in their current ARCP review period compare with minimum requirements .
Almost all a trainee's portfolio is available to ARCP reviewers as read-only in the two-weeks prior to their ARCP date. If there is something you want to see in a trainee's portfolio that is not displayed on their Portfolio page, use the tabs across the top of the trainee's portfolio to navigate to the different sections.
Here is a summary of what each page contains
- The Folders page shows all previous and current folders for a trainee's training levels (eg ST3, ST4, ST5). Trainees typically have one folder per training level.
- The PDP page shows any current Personal Development Plan items a trainee is currently working on in a list with a brief summary of each one along with any associated curriculum mappings. Use the filters, tags, or search features to navigate through PDP items. Open up the PDP Item to see further details.
- The Activities page contains all entries in a trainee's portfolio including case logs & reflective notes. If you're looking for a particular activity or group of activities, use the search or filter functions. You might want to search for an activity with a particular title or tag for example. Click on the activity to view further details including any mapped competencies or follow-up activities. The curriculum coverage view of activities can be accessed from this page as can the PDP coverage page.
- The Assessments page is a subset of a trainee's activities and contains all WPBAs including the mini-PAT. If you're looking for a particular assessment or group of assessments, use the search or filter functions in the same way as on the activities page. Click on an individual assessment to view further details including any mapped competencies or follow-up activities.
- The Reviews section contains any online reviews including induction meetings, supervision sessions, Psychiatric Supervisor Reports, the ARCP Educational Supervisor Summary Reports, ARCP Outcome Forms & Form R Part A & Part B.
- The Career History page contains a list of all specialty training posts, time out of programme (OOP), extended absence and time in a non-training posts. Here you can find what % full time a trainee is.
- The Supervisors page contains a list of trainee's supervisors. A supervisor is anyone in a supervisory role including Clinical Supervisors, Educational Supervisors and Training Programme Directors.
Once you're satisfied that you've reviewed a trainee's portfolio, you, someone else on the panel, or deanery staff may wish to complete an ARCP Outcome Form for the trainee. Outcome forms are automatically pre-populated with information found on the trainee's account on Portfolio Online, have any required fields highlighted and give reviewers easy access to key activities on the form itself.
Only the Chair of the Panel or Postgraduate Dean can sign off an ARCP Outcome Form.
If you have any queries or require any help regarding reviewing a trainee's portfolio, please contact the Portfolio Online support team on tel: 0800 987 1008 or mail: email@example.com.