Having folders in your portfolio helps to keep any activities created well-organised. If you are a trainee, you should add a new folder at the start of each new training level (eg CT1, CT2, CT3, ST4). Those with non-training portfolios can add a folder for each appraisal year.
- Go to the Dashboard of your account on Portfolio Online.
- Click on '+ New Training Level Folder' on your Specialty Training Portfolio card.
- If you have a non-training portfolio, click '+ New Appraisal Year Folder' on your Non-Training Portfolio card.
- If you are on a different programme such as Perinatal psychiatry, or Eating Disorder Psychiatry you will have one folder, but you can add more folders if you wish.
- Enter the folder details.
- You can add a custom label to your folders to differentiate them if necessary e.g dual specialty trainees may wish to label their folders Year 7 or 8.
- Click on 'Create Training Level'.
- If you have a non-training portfolio, click on 'Create Appraisal Year'.
Once you've added a new training level folder to your portfolio, you may wish to add a new career entry if you have started a new post or placement.